The Doujinshi & Manga Lexicon Forum
LOGO
The Doujinshi & Manga Lexicon Forum > Contribute > Editing priviliges <BACK> <1> <NEXT><Reply> <New topic>
POSTERPOST

RedPiotruskun
KI: 131

For half a year I've been adding various missing information, but I still get "You don't have the privileges to confirm this item. Please wait for an administrator to confirm it."

I guess just waiting is not cutting it; so I am asking for the privileges - adminiship or however it is called here - so I can save my own fixes.
2011-04-07 21:53:09<Quote> <Edit>

AnimeJanai
KI: 89

I've been adding things (slowly) to the database, but it is comforting to know that someone on the staff will at least see what I have done. The power to approve seems to be a staff function, and I am at this time unable to put more time into doing things that a staff position would have to do.

Anyways, it's not like there is a rush to have my additions or changes added instantly. The only place where approval would be useful proper is the ability to add new characters to the database so that they can be immediately referenced in the Parody Characters content section.
2011-04-13 02:45:15<Quote> <Edit>
RedPiotruskun

If I knew that somebody is confirming that stuff...

I don't go and check on them, but on few occasions I did, few days later, no changes were made.
2011-04-22 06:09:43<Quote> <Edit>
MoeMoe

KI: 1118

> no changes were made
Check "Notice" field above Romanized Title field of your pending objects.
I fix as I think or just reject pending objects after a week or I confirm that the contributor logged in after I added a notice.

When you become not to get any mods' notice, that's the time you ask for upgrading.

-----
In my case, I just wanted to be a VIP, so I tried to earn 5000 Queries.
I didn't care my pending objects are confirmed or not.
I just kept editing.

Because I edited many objects everyday, mods might become sick and tired to confirm them, so they make me upgrade, I guess.
2011-04-22 10:00:21<Quote> <Edit>
RedPiotruskun

MoeMoe Wrote:
> no changes were made
Check "Notice" field above Romanized Title field of your pending objects.
I fix as I think or just reject pending objects after a week or I confirm that the contributor logged in after I added a notice.

When you become not to get any mods' notice, that's the time you ask for upgrading.

-----
In my case, I just wanted to be a VIP, so I tried to earn 5000 Queries.
I didn't care my pending objects are confirmed or not.
I just kept editing.

Because I edited many objects everyday, mods might become sick and tired to confirm them, so they make me upgrade, I guess.

I usually use the Notice field. I'd have hoped I'd have been noticed after my few hundred edits over half a year, but if I need 5,000, well, this will take a while Smile
2011-04-23 19:27:22<Quote> <Edit>
MoeMoe

KI: 1118

5000 Queries are for VIP, not for privileges to confirm.
VIP can set VIP SETTINGS
http://doujinshi.mugimugi.org/settings/
I wanted to change them.

On the way to earn them, I got privileges to confirm.
2011-04-24 03:04:32<Quote> <Edit>
MugiMugi
Administrator

KI: 1143

To confirm, only thing who matters is that you understand what your doing, make very very little mistakes if any at all. Well obviously we all make mistakes but the less the more important.

As for that, any mod who confirm items, specially form specific users over an length of time can just inform me if they think they should have confirm access or not and I'll look into it.

Before it was mostly me who confirmed it all but now thanks to MoeMoe I have more time to work with the backend stuff instead so I don't see much of the user submitted items.
2011-04-25 15:54:55<Quote> <Edit>
The Doujinshi & Manga Lexicon Forum > Contribute > Editing priviliges <BACK> <1> <NEXT><Reply> <New topic>

mugiBB (C) (V0.1)

Page was generated in 0.0771 seconds !