The Doujinshi & Manga Lexicon Forum
LOGO
The Doujinshi & Manga Lexicon Forum > Contribute > Request Confirm Permission here. <BACK> <1 2> <NEXT><Reply> <New topic>
POSTERPOST

MugiMugi
Administrator

KI: 1108

Well since I haven't had time to review users based on there contributions and other admins have done so for the past while I'm not really up to track to what users should have better contribution levels.

So if you think you earn teh right to become an more trusted member, please post about it here. Also do not bother post here if you have less then 100 contributions, I need data to check over.

Also do not either bother ask if you just contribute minor things such as covers or content.
2011-06-12 13:22:24<Quote> <Edit>

MoeMoe

KI: 1055

When I confirm with some revision, can you distinguish original contribution from my revision?
And do you plan to consider denied contribution such as dupe?

I approve of upgrading to continuous 100 contributions without my revision nor denial, not just 100 contributions.

It means he/she can contribute in accordance with guide.
2011-06-12 15:13:26<Quote> <Edit>
MoeMoe

I recommend upgrading of madrigal.
2011-06-14 01:59:37<Quote> <Edit>
furryKemono

KI: 56

Hi MugiMugi.
I have 100 contributions.
Ok or No?
2011-06-17 23:17:41<Quote> <Edit>
RedPiotruskun
KI: 118

I will submit my candidacy. I think my proposed additions (mostly romaji names and parodies) are uncontroversial and they just waste somebody else's time with the need to be reviewed.
2011-06-18 00:32:59<Quote> <Edit>
AnimeJanai
KI: 89

If your submissions to the database still occasionally get turned down on review, that is probably a sign that you need more experience with submitting data. After all, the number of mistakes you make implies that if you review and approve other peoples' submissions, you might let such types of errors go thru.
2011-06-18 12:58:35<Quote> <Edit>
RedPiotruskun
KI: 118

AnimeJanai Wrote:
If your submissions to the database still occasionally get turned down on review, that is probably a sign that you need more experience with submitting data. After all, the number of mistakes you make implies that if you review and approve other peoples' submissions, you might let such types of errors go thru.

Is there a way to now if a submission is turned down? I was never notified that any of my submissions was rejected.

Btw, I don't particularly care about reviewing other people's work, I just don't want to waste others' time so they don't have to review my work.
2011-06-18 18:17:08<Quote> <Edit>
MoeMoe

RedPiotruskun Wrote:
Is there a way to now if a submission is turned down? I was never notified that any of my submissions was rejected.

I think you don't check this.

No replying or fixing after a week from I added a notice, I fix or reject the contribution.

I think I told this before.
http://doujinshi.mugimugi.org/forum/index.php?IIID=1282
2011-06-23 10:50:54<Quote> <Edit>
Firecracker
KI: 10

Smile?

Cheers
2011-06-23 13:58:44<Quote> <Edit>
Zircon
KI: 2
Woo-hoo! I reached 100! Very Happy
2011-06-25 16:39:27<Quote> <Edit>
AnimeJanai
KI: 89

RedPiotruskun Wrote:
Btw, I don't particularly care about reviewing other people's work, I just don't want to waste others' time so they don't have to review my work.

Then what you really want isn't ADMINISTRATOR status but a "superuser" status that is just limited to approving your own entries. But since you still don't have admin status, such entries would still be flagged as needing administrator final approval; it's just that it doesn't have to delay you from inputting the data. If the administrator approves it, it is done, otherwise, it will be automatically approved after something like 3 days if no one denies it. That approach would reduce the backlog on administrators as well.

In my opinion, someone with the powers of ADMINISTRATOR has a great deal of power beyond that of merely approving their own entries. So if someone doesn't plan on using their powers to help the database staff reduce its per-person workload so that more efforts can be done on programming and problem solving instead, then those powers were probably not necessary.

I've seen the similar things happen at other websites like one I was on staff before. People would ask for powers to moderate a forum, and then they would do nothing for the forum or their staffmates as they only wanted the power for their own personal convenience or to get rid of someone's post that they personally didn't like.

This comment is not a slur on zircon's character. It is just a comment about perhaps adding a superuser type status whose entries may be autoapproved after a one to three day status (depending on error levels of that person). During that 1 to 3 day delay, an admin can approve or deny otherwise the entry will be auto-approved by the system later. The benefit of this short delay is that it prevents a vandal from quickly acquiring unilateral data entry powers and then using them to subtly and automatically vandalize the data using an external scripting language or VB. This approach should help reduce the workload on administrators because the entries that are not submitted by superusers (assuming that status is noticeable) would probably need the majority of personal attention from the administrators to verify correctness or prevent vandalism of the system.
2011-06-27 00:36:23<Quote> <Edit>
thecert
VIP

KI: 65

AnimeJanai Wrote:

Then what you really want isn't ADMINISTRATOR status but a "superuser" status that is just limited to approving your own entries. But since you still don't have admin status, such entries would still be flagged as needing administrator final approval; it's just that it doesn't have to delay you from inputting the data.

I'm confused, or possibly AnimeJanai is confused. Having the power to confirm one's own changes isn't limited to administrators. I've had the authority to approve most of my own changes for something like a year, but I'm not an administrator and never have been. I'm sure this is true for other members. (Also, I can't confirm all my own changes; for example, if I submit a better image of a cover, that has to be approved by an administrator. However, I can add entries and edit text information on pre-existing entries.)

Maybe we do need a term for the category of user who can self-confirm entries, just so there's no confusion about what term means what level of authority.
2011-06-27 16:11:06<Quote> <Edit>
strDSR
KI: 6
Despite the OP's dismissive tone, I want to personally thank anyone and everyone who has made as many as 100 edits to the database. Whether or not you receive a promotion, you are truly doing god's work.Bad Grin Just know that someone out there appreciates your contribution.
2011-07-08 07:42:37<Quote> <Edit>
MugiMugi
Administrator

It have nothing to do with the amonth of contributions an user have done in regard of they get promoted or not, Just that I won't bother with reviewing them before at least 100 contributions so I got something to judge.

As for user levels, well there is no such things, there is however tons of roles, all who grant different things. Example to confirm objects is a single role. To delete is another. And things like that.
2011-07-10 09:47:14<Quote> <Edit>
MugiMugi
Administrator

Anyhow finally got some time to review users and I promoted two.
2011-07-10 09:50:32<Quote> <Edit>
MoeMoe

I recommend upgrading of stariceling.
2011-09-28 03:53:53<Quote> <Edit>
MoeMoe

I recommend upgrading of daifapu.
2011-10-23 06:57:15<Quote> <Edit>
MoeMoe

I think madrigal needs delete access.
2011-10-27 14:45:35<Quote> <Edit>
furryKemono

I want the permission which deletes images.
How can the permission be got if it carries out?
2012-01-09 03:47:12<Quote> <Edit>
daifapu
KI: 75
permissions aren't flexible
you need to be a mod to delete images and links
ha!

2012-01-09 20:14:49<Quote> <Edit>
MugiMugi
Administrator

Nah you do not need to, we just decided to make him a mod Razz There is other users with delete access who is not a mod.
2012-01-09 23:37:17<Quote> <Edit>
MoeMoe

I recommend upgrading of gearworks.

He posts less than 100 but his posts have no insufficiency.
And his skill to Romanizing is valuable.
2012-03-03 12:09:10<Quote> <Edit>
furryKemono

About the picture of a character.
The picture of a character cannot be overwritten once it registers.
However, I would like to change the picture of a character.
It is because a picture better than the registered picture is discovered later.

2012-03-11 08:08:34<Quote> <Edit>
MoeMoe

スレ違いでは?

ちなみに既出
http://doujinshi.mugimugi.org/forum/index.php?IIID=1380

管理板のバグ報告スレへも2012-01-28 03:25:15に報告済み。
2012-03-11 12:55:58<Quote> <Edit>
MoeMoe

I recommend upgrading of Janus.
2012-08-11 09:18:19<Quote> <Edit>
The Doujinshi & Manga Lexicon Forum > Contribute > Request Confirm Permission here. <BACK> <1 2> <NEXT><Reply> <New topic>

mugiBB (C) (V0.1)

Page was generated in 0.0104 seconds !